Hiring One Exceptional Person For a Year of Service!
Are you interested in food justice, nutrition sustainability, or civic engagement? If you answered “Yes” then Power of We Consortium AmeriCorps State Program is interested in you!
The PWC AmeriCorps State Program is pleased to announce that we are looking for one more passionate individual to join our team from December 2016 – September 2017. The PWC AmeriCorps State Program places AmeriCorps members throughout Ingham County to increase food security and reduce chronic disease in residents by focusing on two project goals:
- Increase consumption of healthy foods and reduce food insecurity with gardening, food distribution and referrals.
- Teach community members the importance of eating healthy food strategies to adopt better diets.
The PWC AmeriCorps State Program is looking to fill 1 half-time position placed in the community focusing on food security.
Half-time member benefits:
- 900 hour served, ~20/week
- Living stipend of $6,400 distributed bi-weekly
- Loan forbearance for qualified student loans
- Education award upon successful completion of $2,887.50
- Professional development training & support
- The opportunity to serve with a team of passionate leaders working towards food sovereignty
- Professional and personal growth
To learn more about AmeriCorps please visit http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to be eligible for consideration to Andrea Villanueva, PWC AmeriCorps Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Side Community Coalition: For more than a decade, South Side Community Coalition has established a 4-H garden program that serves over 50 minority and at-risk youth in the area. Youth in the program take part in educational activities, leadership trips, mentoring and showing their projects to the community at Ingham County Fair. For more info visit http://southsidecommunitycoalition.org/
4-H Nutrition & Hoophouse Advocate, Half-time position; Currently, SSCC 4-H garden program has been expanded to include an on site hoop-house. Member will facilitate nutrition and gardening curriculum to youth in the neighborhood through the centers growing spaces. Click here to view the full position description.